Skip to main content

THE BRING ME BACK BRIGADE

I prefer to keep my vacation plans top secret because of the scores of clueless people I know. Not only because of the hot messes who want to come along with me but also the damned babies who act four years old and want me to shop for things. I refer to them as the "bring me back brigade". What the hell is wrong with you people? WHY would ANYONE want to go bargain hunting for your requested items and shame on you for asking? Are you a child? Have some dignity. Everything you want and everything I've been asked for in the past is findable online or in any metro city. 
Why I'm seeing red 😡 is because some nitwit we'll call Nitty (who I specifically told two weeks ago) "Do not tell a soul I'm going there." does exactly that via a post. After I post a reply on Candace's comment who's also going to the same place (but before me), "have a blast," Nitty then posts, "I hope you and Hellcat, take a ton of pictures when you're there." I see the comment hours later after a thousand other eyes have seen the comment. I send Nitty a DM, "what the hell is wrong with you? I told you not to tell anyone. Which means I don't want anyone to know. So I wonder why you would post a comment, 'take lots of pictures when you're there?' REMOVE your comment.
"Oh, sorry, I'm so brainless. I'll remove it now." Sorry, I'm brainless. Really? That's not going to make things better sunshine. 
Well, the damage was done, I received a text from someone "I'm going to give you money. I want a gold evil eye pendant. I'll send you a photo of the kind I like." and another "Can you bring me olive oil?" and then another wanted a shot glass." 
Whoever sees this blog post and still does this kind of thing to friends and relatives, let me say, you are thoughtless. And they also think you're a pain in the ass. Everything you want is findable in the United States. The person who sent me the photo of the evil eye style she wanted was from a page from an online store out of New York. So why not order it there? I wonder if people actually think I go abroad to shop. Yeah, I want to bargain hunt just for you. I also wonder why they would think I would want to shlep their crap around from town to town, island to island, or country to country. The reverse was also expected of me. Where people want me to take things for their relatives and friends. "I want you to take a christening gown to my family out there, etc." Acquaintances who think other acquaintances wouldn't mind over-extending themselves for them are selfish and in their own little I-Me-Mine world. To anyone who knows me, from now on, I will just flat out lie the next time you ask me if I'm taking a vacation. I'm going to say, "NOWHERE", because so many of you have no control of your mouths, minds, and fingers. This way, you can't slip up, and I won't get a freaking shopping list from the peasants I only see once a year. I will also do the same when you ask me about my health. Because SOME of you, have the ugly habit of bringing up things in front of other ears months later. And because of that as well, don't ask me anything concerning my health. I've had people with diarrhea of the mouth once too many times mention a medical issue a little too loudly or in front of other ears like a clueless airhead. What the hell? Did you have a brain injury? Sometimes the idiocy astounds me. The last time that happened, I sarcastically, said to the loudmouth, "Why don't you talk a little louder so the people on the balcony can hear about my medical problem." She got offended and hasn't called since. (Which suits me fine, because I prefer to have friends who can keep their traps shut about that stuff in public.) When I told close friends about the bring me back brigade, they'll say, "Well, is it really that difficult to get the little things? Aren't there jewelry shops everywhere and open late?" My answer was, "Well yeah, there are. The only thing is many places sell gold that's 9 or 10 karat gold, and to find a business that sells 14 or 18 karats might take some hunting. Would YOU want to bother with that on YOUR vacation? Would YOU want to take a shopping list on your vacation?" Silence. Yeah. These are people who go and return from vacation without ever telling anyone - I'm sure for the same reasons. If the real Nitty happens to see this, you brought this on yourself. We see each other once in 5 years, and you felt the right to get up in my business. Why did you need to know where I was going? If I haven't posted my vacations on social media for several years, that should tell you something right there. That it's no one's business. This is life. When there are questions you have about people they never share on social media, it's because they don't want you to know their business. Because it's NOT your business. 
Lastly, people aren't spending the money on checked luggage much these days. Many people just take a carry-on. Which is what I always do. So imagine someone with a stuffed carry-on, getting messages and calls from numptys coming out of the woodwork asking for stuff. Yeah, it's like that. Don't be a selfish prat. 
And for all of you wondering what I said to these people. I said, "NOPE. It's inconvenient. Or you can ask Candace." 
A friend who read this prior to my publication advised me I was "going to get into trouble for this." Really?? By whom? Someone who's shoe fit? What's the worst that can happen? They won't talk to me anymore? They'll write me off? Will I care? Nope. I ain't a people pleaser. I don't need a fan club.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bossy Fishers

Dear bossy pants people, you are killing me. You people still sporting the stay-at-home frame on Facebook. Some of you "got a grip" and "SOME" of you are raving and acting high and mighty, insisting everyone is vaccinated, spouting your facts about the vaccine and the daily stats. The only problem with "SOME" of you is that you've become an insensitive and thoughtless ass. In your infinite wisdom you've been acting like a bully who demands to know if every person you encounter has been vaccinated, so you can verbally stone them with your fellow townspeople when you find that one who says, "no." Little do you know that some of these people who haven't been vaccinated had Covid-19, have blood clots, and can't have the vaccine as per their doctor's orders. I also know a person with an allergy to polyethylene glycol and propylene glycol. You'd only know that if they told you. But these people don't owe you an explanation.

My All Time Favourite Flix

MY FAVOURITE FLIX: About A Boy A Hard Days Night Air Force One All of Me Amistad A Perfect Murder Amadeus Amelie America's Sweethearts The Apostle As Good As It Gets Austin Powers International Man of Mystery Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me Babel Bachelor Party Backdraft Back To The Future Back To The Future II Back To The Future III Basquiat Behind Enemy Lines Beyond Rangoon The Birds Body Heat Bourne Identity Bourne Supremacy The Boys From Brazil The Breakfast Club The Bridge of San Luis Rey Bridget Jones Diary Bridget Jones and the Edge of Reason Casablanca Chances Are Chasing Amy Chocolat Clerks The Commitments Cool Runnings The Closet AKA Le Placard Crash Dead Again Dead Zone Die Hard Don Juan DeMarco Double Jeopardy (1999) Edward Scissorhands End of Days Enemy of The State Eraser Falcon And The Snowman Fame Fast Times At Ridgemont High Ferris Bueller's Day Off Fifth Element Fire in the Sky Th